Saturday, October 13

My Barnes & Nobles Library

I enjoy reading new books, the smell of the pages and the glossy covers. But my library never has these available. I want the NY Times best sellers, Oprah's newest book club book (yes, I admit it!), or some trendy little book - and 9 out of 10 times, I have to go to Barnes and Nobles, the popular bookstore chain, and purchase it.

But I have a new system! I purchase the book, make sure it's kept in perfect condition as a I read it (no sweaty fingers to bend the pages, no liquids near by), and then return it when I'm done! I am then given a gift card with the book's $ value on it, and go looking for another book.

Of course, not all books cost the same, so my gift card with a couple bux on it does fluctuate. I think of it as my library card.

Words to the Wise:
1. Magazines are non-refundable.
2. Use the receipt as your bookmark, that way you won't loose it and don't have to make an effort to find it when returning the book.
3. Try to spread out your returns among many B&N locations, so cashiers don't catch on to your scheme.

No comments: