Wednesday, August 8

Terror Attacks

Today NYC suffered from rain damage. For some unexplanable reason NJ Transit of all places was functioning fine from Summit, NJ - very odd seeing that NJT is in my opinion, is as unreliable as the Central Line or Q Train to Astoria. When I walked up the broken escalator into the Penn Station NJT lobby it was dark. No lights on, no screens reading train departure times; the crowd slowly moved towards the 7th Ave exit. Such a wave of humanity, I thought I was in urban China. I thought there may be some terrorist warning so everyone had to leave the station and my first thought was "dammit! those ass holes inconvenience my life so much, I want them to go back to their dry ass desserts and caves." No joke, it wasn't "oh gee, I hope everyone is safe" or even "I hope I'm safe" it was "those ass holes!" Perhaps I need to reajust my priorities.

I walked to my yellow subway at b-way and 32nd but saw the the platform was over flowing and did a u-turn. Apparently the train tracks were flooded. So I thought "I can't believe I have to walk to Prince and Bway, this sucks." But as I passed the 28th st local stop a mass of people stormed out so i decided to walk to the next stop and see what was up.

23rd st - turns out the trains were now all running local so I waited. Within 5 minutes a train popped up and voila! on i hopped. I was standing in the middle of the car. I turned to the door and guess who was standing there? Avi! I think I yelled his name by accident, but it was just really weird to see him on my train before I got to the office. Because he was such good train ride company, I bought him his morning coffee in a rather eerily desolate Dean and Deluca.

No comments: