Tuesday, August 7

You know fall fashion is here when...

My favorite catalogue arrives - Gorsuch. It's a like a J.Crew for WASPs who enjoy skiing, and the Nantucket beach house has been traded in for a lodge drenched in a cherry stain and marble, a couple of St. Bernese Mt dogs and birch trees scattered about the background.

The prices are absurd, no normal person would purchase Roberto Cavalli jeans for $650 or $1,000 cowboy boots. What really ticks me off is the fur they insist on lining approx 60% of their products in; they kill foxes, chinchillas, coyotes, etc., so that rich women can feel luxurious. In 2007, we have plenty of synthetics that are just as soft if not more heat efficient in the winter weather.

But wait... they also have some of the most beautiful ski outfits on the market. I mean, I could drop dead just drooling over them. This season, I'm going for the warm up pants. Yes, I know they cost $499, but they'll look great on me. So the Christmas list has begun! Plus, they have a cute pattern on the butt, so when Cal has to find me slightly further down the slope than him, he can just look for my butt. Oh yes, I have a plan.

No comments: