Sunday, December 9

New Booties


As you can tell, I have new ski booties from the experts at Sure Foot at 69th St and 3rd Ave. No better boot makers exist, I do believe.

The process of selecting and making my boots took 2 hours in total; it began with multiple foot scans, analysis of my ski level/style and what shell I should use, moved into building my pads, then they put me on a ramp and shot foam through the boot's pads via tubes to make it meld to my feet, and ended with shaving off 2mm at my left toe b/c it was a bit close.

Needless to say, they are a beautiful baby blue (or maybe periwinkle, i haven't decided), and fit like a glove. I am SO excited to try them out. An east coast ski weekend is now desperately needed!
Below: a picture of a cute boot for the little skiers hitting up the slopes.

No comments: