Monday, January 14

Bad Attitudes

Two events have happened recently that have made me think, "I really hope I never do that to someone else, and I really hope my friends don't either."

1. NJ Transit. 9pm Friday train to Summit. This guy chugging cheese doodles and Snapple was reading the NY Times across from me, and with every section he finished, he'd push it on the floor. At Millburn, he got ready to leave by pushing his cheese doodle bag onto the floor. As he got up, I politely said "Excuse me," he looked at me slightly confused, and then I asked "Are you going to clean that up?" He shook his head, and walked off.

What a jerk. He expects that at the end of the train line an illegal immigrant working for $4/hr will clean up after him. My first thought was "I hope none of my friends ever act like that", when it should have been I hope I never do that. Ok ok, my real first thought was "I can't believe what a waste of resources our real newspapers are" but you catch my drift.

2. I was talking to someone, when this woman who in the past has given me a hard time came over and in a very impolite way told me and the guy I was talking to to stop talking. I can't give details, but this chic gets such a power trip out of talking to me the way she did, it drives me crazy. I will never treat people the way she does, not only because her attitude has resulted in an online posse who write hateful blog comments about her, but because she is clearly uncomfortable with her position. If she was at ease, she wouldn't have to do things like that to get a fake "leg up" over a college student. Pathetic.

No comments: