Thursday, March 20

The General's Dead

I'm sitting here in the lodge lobby, and the entire staff was just told a guy nicknamed "The General" who had worked here for a couple seasons died last night. It's weird, to catch such an emotional moment between people. The entire staff got real quiet and these two employees playing chess next to me, one of them just started crying.

Whenever you're told someone is dead, at least for me - it's always really unexpected. And while I know it's sad, I've always wondered if something's a little wrong with me, becuase I don't cry that much (if at all). And then I feel a bit bad because I'm not crying. Stupid perhaps but I figure I just wont ever see them again, it's like they've moved away or are going on a really long vacation.

Anyways, that's it.

No comments: