Tuesday, March 18

Ski: Day 1

Today was tons of fun. But there were a couple small bumps. When dad convinced me to enter a ravine with huge rock walls, that had a very narrow ski area which…wait for it… was also rock infested! Or in the first run when he led me over a little edge telling me to ignore the double black gate – which surprise! Had a little 4.5 foot cliff I had to jump off of midtway through.

But I have a couple little tricks up me sleeve:
1. When turning I make little “grr” noises, this helps me stay down hill and aggressive. Plus, making grr noises is fun!
2. If dad says I should go down something that looks scary, I can just say no. Not that hard. Then again, dad has invested lots of $ in my education and it would be counterproductive for him to accidentally kill me so chances are, I’ll be safe on his route.
3. If I feel like I’m going to fall, just make a little noise that sounds like I’m having fun and it’ll be great (think hoot). It’s a bit like when toddlers fall, and they look up to see if the adults are looking concerned/sad or laughing with joy before they decide how to take their own tumble.

No comments: