Sunday, March 30

My Spanx

I, like many women, wear Spanx with certain outfits. Now, for people who know what Spanx are and who I am, this may come as a surprise (even Beyonce does!). I am not a mini-van owner or 40 years old. I have a slim BMI for my 6 foot frame. But even so, my trunk can jiggle so I rely on Sarah Blakely's beautiful invention for certain silky outfits (mostly semi-sheer/silky dresses, where even the thinest Hanky Panky will catch the fabric and show through).

Here are my measurements before and after Spanx:
Around my belly button: before- 31", after- 30.5"
Lower Hip: before- 36", after- 36" (no change)
Thigh: before- 22.5", after- 22"

From doing these measurements, the funniest part is that in pant sizes, I'm a 28" or 29" - but actually, when you take out a measuring tape where my pants sit on my hips is 34". Those dang marketers.

I always have been a fighter for seamless underwear - and am constantly testing new brands, with much help from the ladies at Le Petit Coquette(although on my most recent trip this butch looking Russian was a bitch to me). It drives me crazy when I see women in bras that don't fit, apparently 85% of women don't wear the right size! And it happens so much! The worst offenders by far, in my opinion, are the Italians. You think they'd be all euro chic but those women are busting out in all the wrong places like it's a job (think back fat %'s of Free Willy).

No comments: