Monday, June 25

Women's Weight, How I Measure

I have an issue. Women lie about their weight all the time. And I don't. No seriously, I don't. And it isn't fair. So I was thinking, how can I subtract some of my weight and still feel honest?

My breasts weigh approx 5lb. No I did not try and weigh them myself, I looked it up on the internet. And I'm not one of those chicks who complains "oh my gosh, my boobs are like, sooo big" while my ass hangs into the next subway seat, my arms suffocating half the car, or have thighs causing traffic jams. I have no control over my 5lbers, it's completely up to nature. So why must I suffer the consequences of telling people I weigh that extra +5lb?

Lets look at the reasons I have these breasts/boobs/tits. There is the obvious - nature/God/whatever thinks I'll be having babies that will need milk (insert laugh here). But we humans are the only species that continues to have swollen breasts when not pregnant/nursing/"in heat." One idea is that because women don't show clear signs of ovulation cycles (PMSing doesn't count), breasts lured in the male species to think we were always ovulating! More sex all the time!

Wikipedia has some great ideas:
"Some zoologists believe that the shape of female breasts evolved as a frontal counterpart to that of the buttox, the reason being that whilst other primates mate in the rear-entry position, humans are more likely to successfully copulate mating face on. A secondary sexual characteristic on a woman’s chest would have encouraged this in more primitive incarnations of the human race, and a face on encounter may have helped found a relationship between partners beyond merely a sexual one."

These primitive answers explain so much. And yeah, that is a link to wikipedia's "rear-entry" description. For the record, I now weigh 145 lb.

No comments: