Tuesday, June 19

My fresh attempt to blog!

I just finished reading the New Yorker's summer fiction issue and realized how much I miss writing. Plus, I need a place to comment on people at work.

So who am I? A smart, funny, undergrad with a summer internship in New York, but for the summer has been forced to move home to NJ. Which is a beautiful state if I may say so myself, and no, I don't know what exit I am off the park way and I don't live near a dump.

Let's set up the scene: I'm interning at a production studio in Chelsea. It has a beautiful big room (huge) where we're building a studio (actually, the hired photographer and his assistant/girlfriend are but they're like honorary company team members). Morning sun shines through floor to ceiling windows with yellow wood floors, a couple fluffy couches from some dead lady's apartment decorate the window/kitchen area. I imagine most of Soho's upper floors looked like this, real "lofty style" before they became $8 million apartments. There are a couple of offices on the other side of the floor where we actually get work done, carpeted floor and gray walls. The walls on this side don't reach the ceiling, I think it has something to do with fire code laws, but lets say it adds to the charm.

I have a Staples run to go do (run out of burnable dvds, earlier it was DR for paper towels).

No comments: