Saturday, November 3

Halloween & Water Taxis!

I had a fun Halloween last Wednesday. Me and Avi did such a great job working in the morning (or perhaps it was because of the beautiful weather) we just couldn't bear to sit down at our desks so outside we ventured! Just like in The Office, season 3's episode The Convict when everyone has out doors time! Not that working at Promediacorp is like a jail, or the NBC show. Anyways, I had class in the evening, so we hadn't enough time for a museum but then I thought "I've never been on a water taxi, and we are near the water..." Avi agreed, and off we hopped towards the Water Taxi terminal on 34th St.


Waiting for the boat was rather depressing. The ferry docks at this desolate turn off on the FDR with an abandoned "Water Taxi Ticket Sales" booth, even the crazy homeless man entered on cue throwing balls of trash into the east river like a basket ball hoop floated above it.

As you can tell, it was rather windy on board but really fun. Then we randomly hopped off in DUMBO and explored for a bit. After some pizza (yes, I ate some cheese) at Grimaldi's, I had class with a speaker who is terminally ill, a slight downer to my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.