Monday, November 12

Final Uni Courses (Spring 2008)

I am staying on at NYU for an extra semester, so as to satisfy my parents intense need to sit in Washington Square Park and watch me graduate surrounded by leafy green & lots of other students in caps and gowns. Since I am complete with all requirements for my major and minor, I have decided to expand into some less obvious areas of study:
  1. Anime - East Asian Studies (EAS) department gets together to watch series and films. I love the EAS, Neon Genisis Evangelion (tv series, never saw alternative ending movie), and that wolf princess chick wasn't half bad so I figure it'll be interesting.
  2. Intro to Soviet Cinema - taugh by "the most russian man i know" according to ratemyprofessor.com, I loved the Communist films & filmed ballets from my Gender & Radicalism in Modern China course, so why not migrate to the other half of the continent? Less dragons and red, more alcohol, guns, and men with beards.
  3. Intro to Painting - my first art class since high school. very excited to get my hands dirty!

No comments: